College Students Unaware Of 9/11, But Can Name Celebrities Whose Nude Photos Were Hacked
We asked the following questions to randomly selected students around the GWU campus:(Hat Tip: Weasel Zippers)
The results are stunning:
- Next week marks the anniversary of a major national event do you know what that is?
- Do you know what ISIS is?
- Did you know that ISIS is responsible for the beheading of two American journalists? If so, could you name one?
- Are you aware of the celebrity "nude photo" hacking scandal? If so, could you name any of the celebrities involved?
The reason for conducting this video project was to bring awareness to our 9/11: Never Forget Project which is designed to remember those murdered at the hands of radical Islamists more than a decade ago. (Source)
- 6 out of 30 students recognized this week is the anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks
- 4 out of 30 students were able to name one of the American journalists beheaded at the hands of ISIS
- 29 out of 30 students were able to identify one or more celebrities involved in the nude photo hacking scandal
Posted by: Lisl at September 11, 2014 02:39 AM
Posted by: Bubbe at September 11, 2014 05:47 AM
Electing people committed to destroying them.
Posted by: Kafiroon at September 11, 2014 09:57 AM
Posted by: Hoos at September 11, 2014 04:38 PM
Posted by: MistressOverdone at September 11, 2014 05:54 PM
Posted by: obsidian at September 11, 2014 06:33 PM
Unfortunately, concrete and steel doesn't last forever, memories fade as the old pass and new generations take their place.
Who will be around to remember in 50 or 75 years from now, oh sure, some will remember, but will they still come to the monuments and memorials? Will they still exist?
Yes it hurts, hurts many, but over time, all that remains are the memories of that day.
When property values go higher, need for more living space as population rise, these memorials may be the first to go.
Posted by: Phil at September 12, 2014 10:58 AM
Processing 0.0, elapsed 0.0033 seconds.
15 queries taking 0.0021 seconds, 15 records returned.
Page size 8 kb.
Powered by Minx 0.7 alpha.