Dems Nominate Antisemite for Congress
I knew that Democratic candidate from Minnesota was a Muslim, but I didn't know he was that kind of Muslim. The kind that belongs to Louis Farrakhan's "Nation of Islam". The kind that even most Muslims think are a little kooky.The New Media Journal also lists as part of Keith Ellison's qualifications for Congres:
▪ Has hidden behind at least three known aliases ▪ Who, while a law student, organized a speaking engagement at his school titled "Zionism: Imperialism, White Supremacy or Both?", and refused to listen to Jewish student's concerns over the program ▪ Has supported slavery reparations ▪ Has publicly supported one cop killer and another who attempted to kill a policeman ▪ Appeared on stage with a person who allegedly said "Jews are among the most racist white people I know." ▪ Is a ten year-long member of Louis Farrakhan's "Nation of Islam", and lied about it repeatedly ▪ Has taken campaign contributions from a man who has affirmed that he is "In support of the Hamas movement." ▪ Has been in trouble with the IRS for refusing to pay $25,000 in income taxes ▪ Had his driver's license suspended for thousands of dollars in unpaid traffic finesOne 9/11 denyer and one anti-Semite. Nice party ya got there.
Posted by: Jesusland Carlos at October 19, 2006 10:20 AM
Posted by: SeeMonk at October 19, 2006 10:27 AM
Posted by: Jesusland Carlos at October 19, 2006 10:35 AM
have you heard Alex Jones' radio ad promoting that video? He sounds like a COMPLETE MORON, you must admit.
Posted by: Jesusland Carlos at October 19, 2006 02:25 PM
Posted by: Greg at October 19, 2006 02:45 PM
Posted by: Greyrooster at October 19, 2006 06:49 PM
Posted by: Greyrooster at October 21, 2006 09:14 AM
Let me put numbers on your bullet points and rate whether they're valid or invalid critiques of Keith Ellison:
1. Ellison's Aliases: People change their names and use noms de plume. There's nothing shady abuot that. INVALID
2, 5 & 7. His Nation of Islam connections: Yes, Ellison, as an angry younger black man, got involved in the empowerment rhetoric of the Nation of Islam, including its very unfortunate anti-Semitism. He has renounced that. Everyone who knows the guy says he's a coalition-builder -- a genuine uniter. Nevertheless, it's in his past, so he has to live with it. VALID
3. Slavery reparations -- not a bad idea. INVALID.
4. Cop killers -- I am personally uncomfortable with this and need to learn more about it. VALID.
6. Campaign contributions from a "Hamas supporter." This is the old slam on the Council on American Islamic Relations. The quote predates many of Hamas' acts of violence; the speaker was referring to the social service provision and empowerment aspects of the Hamas movement, not the violence of its armed wing. INVALID.
8 & 9. IRS and driver's license problenms: Yes, he's got flaws, and his personal financial problems are embarrassing. VALID.
Yes, there are valid critiques. But he seems like a good guy. Anyway, Americans in general are ignorant beyond belief about Muslims. They need a Muslim in public life -- if only to remind people that not all Muslims looks like Osama bin Laden. Plus, Ellison has been forthright about the stupidity of the war on Iraq and social justice issues in general. So he gets a pass on these issues in his past. He's going to do a great job in Congress.
Posted by: Dan Bernard at October 21, 2006 01:47 PM
Posted by: Last gasp Larry at October 21, 2006 07:48 PM
Posted by: Greyrooster at October 24, 2006 10:42 AM
Processing 0.0, elapsed 0.0046 seconds.
15 queries taking 0.0031 seconds, 18 records returned.
Page size 10 kb.
Powered by Minx 0.7 alpha.